- "Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover."
- "Tv är som ett jävla Venedig - kanaler överallt!"
- "Television - a medium. It's called a medium because nothing is well-done."
- "If you read a lot of books you're considered well-read. But if you watch a lot of TV you're not considered well-viewed."
- "Television is to news what bumper stickers are to philosophy."
- "If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners."
- "MTV is the lava lamp of the 1980's."
- "Everyone has a purpose in life. Perhaps yours is watching television."
- "I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book."
- "TV. It's the menace that everyone loves to hate but can't seem to live without."
- "Television: chewing gum for the eyes."
Frank Lloyd Wright
- "If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all."
- "I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts."
- "I could have been a doctor, but there were too many good shows on TV."